The Opioid Crisis Wake-Up Call
A Citizen Leader’s Guide to Restoring the American Dream: Rebuilding Hope, Health, & Well-being in Our Communities
The opioid crisis is not an anomaly.
Rather, the largest public health crisis in 100 years is a self-inflicted wound driven by a catastrophically dysfunctional health care system. Fortunately, upstream antidotes have been created and proven by forward-looking citizen leaders and employers.
It’s time to apply these solutions everywhere in the country to stop the crisis in its tracks —which will go a long way toward solving the larger disaster that is our health care system.
What the The Opioid Crisis Wake-Up Call provides.
- Chapter 1: The Opioid Crisis Isn’t an Anomaly
- Chapter 2: America Has Gone to War for Far Less
- Case Study: Pittsburgh (Allegheny County) Schools
- Chapter 3: Health Care Costs are Flat Despite What You Have Heard
- Chapter 4: What You Don’t Know About the Pressures and Constraints Facing Insurance Executives Costs You Dearly
- Chapter 5: Health Care is Stealing Millennials’ Future – But They Will Take it Back
- Case Study: Rosen Hotels & Resorts
- Chapter 6: 7 Tricks Used to Redistribute Money From Your Organization to the Health Care Industry
- Chapter 7: PPO Networks Deliver Value—and Other Flawed Assumptions That Crush Your Budget
- Case Study: City of Milwaukee
- Chapter 8: Criminal Fraud Is Much Bigger Than You Think
- Chapter 9: Are Workplace Wellness Programs Hazardous to Your Health?
- Chapter 10: You Run a Health Care Business Whether You Like It or Not.
- Chapter 11: How to Pick a Benefits Consultant
- Case Study: Langdale Industries
- Chapter 12: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Benefits Professionals
- Chapter 13: Centers of Excellence Offer a Golden Opportunity
- Chapter 14: Independent Claims Administrators vs. Insurance Company Claims Administrators –The Trade-Offs
- Chapter 15: The Future of Health Will Be Local, Open, and Independent
- Chapter 16: Health 3.0 Vision and Implications for Providers & Government
- Chapter 17: Economic Development 3.0: Communities Take Center Stage
- Chapter 18: Mayors Must Lead Cities Out of the Opioid Crisis
- Chapter 19: Making Sure Opioid Mitigation Plans Mitigate the Right Things
- Chapter 20: Value-based Primary Care
- Chapter 21: Transparent Medical Market
- Case Study: Enovation Controls
- Chapter 22: Concierge-Style Employee Customer Service
- Chapter 23: High-Value, Transparent TPA
- Chapter 24: Transparent Pharmacy Benefits
- Chapter 25: “ERISA Fiduciary Risk is the Largest Undisclosed Risk I’ve Seen in My Career”
- Appendix A: Evidence-Based Services for People with Opiod Use Disorder
- Appendix B: Status Quo Benefits vs. Health Rosetta Type Benefits
- Appendix C: A Practical Handbook for Systems Change - August 2017
- Appendix D: Client Notice, Plan Sponsor Bill of Rights, and Code of Conduct
- Appendix E: Sample Compensation Disclosure Form
- Appendix F: Health Rosetta Principles
Get a complimentary digital copy!
*All fields are required. You'll receive an email with the book.
Just a few of the people who have helped provide content
Health Rosetta cofounder, tech entrepreneur, and former securities attorney
Sr. VP & General Counsel, The Phia Group LLC
Chief Operations Officer and Co-founder at Apostrophe.
Founder and CEO of ClearHealthCosts
CIO, Salish Growth
Co-founder and CEO of The Phia Group, LLC