The Opioid Crisis Wake-Up Call
A Citizen Leader’s Guide to Restoring the American Dream: Rebuilding Hope, Health, & Well-being in Our Communities
The opioid crisis is not an anomaly.
Rather, the largest public health crisis in 100 years is a self-inflicted wound driven by a catastrophically dysfunctional health care system. Fortunately, upstream antidotes have been created and proven by forward-looking citizen leaders and employers.
It’s time to apply these solutions everywhere in the country to stop the crisis in its tracks —which will go a long way toward solving the larger disaster that is our health care system.
Flexibly include in impact or marketing campaigns.
We can even run it for you.
Pair with custom info from you
Give to specific organization members
Give to specific companies or geographies
Shipped either to you or each recipient
For anyone wanting to help fix healthcare.
Doctors & clinicians
Benefits services & tech
What the The Opioid Crisis Wake-Up Call provides.
- A Note on Reading This Book
- Chapter 1: The Opioid Crisis Isn’t an Anomaly
- Chapter 2: So How Did We Get Here
- Chapter 3: America Has Gone to War for Far Less
- Case Study: Pittsburgh (Allegheny County) Schools
- Chapter 4: Health Care Costs are Flat Despite What You Have Heard
- Chapter 5: What You Don’t Know About the Pressures and Constraints Facing Insurance Executives Costs You Dearly
- Chapter 6: Health Care is Stealing Millennials’ Future – But They Will Take it Back
- Case Study: Rosen Hotels & Resorts
- Chapter 7: 7 Tricks Used to Redistribute Money From Your Organization to the Health Care Industry
- Chapter 8: PPO Networks Deliver Value—and Other Flawed Assumptions That Crush Your Budget
- Case Study: City of Milwaukee
- Chapter 9: Criminal Fraud Is Much Bigger Than You Think
- Chapter 10: Are Workplace Wellness Programs Hazardous to Your Health?
- Chapter 11: You Run a Health Care Business Whether You Like It or Not.
- Chapter 12: How to Pick a Benefits Consultant
- Case Study: Langdale Industries
- Chapter 13: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Benefits Professionals
- Chapter 14: Centers of Excellence Offer a Golden Opportunity
- Chapter 15: Independent Claims Administrators vs. Insurance Company Claims Administrators –The Trade-Offs
- Chapter 16: The Future of Health Will Be Local, Open, and Independent
- Chapter 17: Health 3.0 Vision and Implications for Providers & Government
- Chapter 18: Economic Development 3.0: Communities Take Center Stage
- Chapter 19: Mayors Must Lead Cities Out of the Opioid Crisis
- Case Study: Rural county goes from highest to lowest rate of opioid deaths
in two years
- Chapter 20: Making Sure Opioid Mitigation Plans Mitigate the Right Things
- Chapter 21: Value-based Primary Care
- Chapter 22: Transparent Medical Market
- Case Study: Enovation Controls
- Chapter 23: Concierge-Style Employee Customer Service
- Chapter 24: High-Value, Transparent TPA
- Chapter 25: Transparent Pharmacy Benefits
- Chapter 26: “ERISA Fiduciary Risk is the Largest Undisclosed Risk I’ve Seen in My Career”
- Appendix A: Evidence-Based Services for People with Opiod Use Disorder
- Appendix B: Status Quo Benefits vs. Health Rosetta Type Benefits
- Appendix C: A Practical Handbook for Systems Change - August 2017
- Appendix D: Client Notice, Plan Sponsor Bill of Rights, and Code of Conduct
- Appendix E: Sample Compensation Disclosure Form
- Appendix F: Health Rosetta Principles
- Appendix G: Why Doctors are Running Out of Empathy
- Appendix H: Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway and JP Morgan Chase Can Lead Employer Solution to Opioid Crisis on the Journey to Larger Health Care Reinvention
- Appendix I: Decoding a fully insured renewal
- Appendix J: Benefits Options for Small Businesses and Sole Proprietors
Get a complimentary digital copy!
*All fields are required. You'll receive an email with the book.
Just a few of the people who have helped provide content
Ran benefits at Walmart, BP, & Burger King. Authored Cracking Health Costs.
Health Rosetta cofounder, tech entrepreneur, and former securities attorney
Sr. VP & General Counsel, The Phia Group LLC
Chief Operations Officer and Co-founder at Apostrophe.
Founder and CEO of ClearHealthCosts
Founder of E Powered Benefits
CIO, Salish Growth
Co-founder and CEO of The Phia Group, LLC