Arrow Benefits Group is Working to Bend the Cost Curve and Restore the American Dream
Immediate Access to the clients and friends of Arrow Benefits Group.
The Health Rosetta and Arrow Benefits Group
This book by Dave Chase starts with the right title, because healthcare costs need to be on the mind of virtually every CEO in America. The reason that they have not been up until now is the myth that, like the weather, everyone talks about them but no one can do anything about them. There is a growing movement to show that simply is not true. There are many ways to reduce costs for the right employer, and this book helps show that way. Beyond that, the Health Rosetta is paving the way to create solutions that can be used across the country.
It is all too easy to say that the current healthcare system is broken. A more positive approach is to say that whether the current system is broken or not, there are huge opportunities that many employers can take advantage of to lower costs and improve employee satisfaction at the same time. This book helps lead the way.
Flexibly include in impact or marketing campaigns.
We can even run it for you.
Pair with custom info from you
Give to specific organization members
Give to specific companies or geographies
Shipped either to you or each recipient
For anyone wanting to help fix healthcare.
Doctors & clinicians
Benefits services & tech
What people are saying
Dave Chase has an industry-unique ability to identify the challenges facing our health care system in a manner that the ever-expanding and frustrated masses can quickly understand. What truly distinguishes Dave’s effort is not the failures he identifies, but the thought-provoking and tested solutions he presents coupled with his willingness to challenge payers, providers and consumers alike to demand a more-rewarding health care system.
What Dave Chase has done in this long overdue book is provide a clear and extremely compelling wake up call for CEOs and CFOs to put much needed scrutiny on how, where and why they are spending significant operating budgets on healthcare for their employees—and concrete steps for how to strip out up to 30% of low-or-zero value expenditures out of this major line item.
More and more C-suite executives see health benefits a major liability, not an asset. The CEO’s Guide to Restoring the American Dream is a life saving guide to provide employees needed healthcare in way a your CFO and CEO will applaud.
The book is packed with wisdom you can’t find elsewhere but also a nice, light style that makes it addictive. There is so much in this book that is hidden behind the many layers of obfuscation characterizing our healthcare system. As a group trying to create and then disseminate new models of care that improve outcomes and lower costs, we are continuously running into hidden barriers with insurers and also un-empowered healthcare purchasers. This book has the practical prescription for moving it all forward. I’m making it required reading at Dell Med and recommending it for our many partners.
One of the top ten healthcare books of all time, and #1 for delivering practical advice.
Dave, you nailed it! Your message is vital for business leaders as it exposes the many dirty secrets behind the business of Employee Benefit plans. Yes, it is time to shed dependence on those who have benefited most from lousy results and demand vastly improved outcomes for employers and their employees. This is a must read to turn the tables on the benefits industry.
What the CEO's Guide provides.
It gives anyone responsible for health benefits, financial performance, or caring for employees the practical blueprint for success and the insight to ensure change is successfully implemented.
- Acknowledgements & Author’s Note
- A Note From a Fellow Traveler
- Chapter 1: American Has Gone to War for Much Less
- Case Study: Pittsburgh (Allegheny County) Schools
- Chapter 2: Health Care Prices: Hyperinflation—or Flat?
- Chapter 3: What You Don’t Know about The Pressures and Constraints Facing Insurance Executives Costs You Dearly
- Chapter 4: Millennials Will Revolutionize Health Benefits
- Case Study: Rosen Hotels & Resorts
- Chapter 5: 7 Tricks Used to Redistribute Profits From Your Organization to the Health Care Industry
- Chapter 6: PPO Networks Deliver Value—And Other Flawed Assumptions Crushing Your Bottom Line
- Case Study: City of Milwaukee
- Chapter 7: Criminal Fraud Is Much Bigger Than You Think
- Chapter 8: Are Workplace Wellness Programs Hazardous to Your Health?
- Chapter 9: You Run a Health Care Business Whether You Like It or Not. Here’s How to Make It Thrive.
- Chapter 10: How (And How Not) to Pick a Benefits Consultant
- Case Study: Langdale Industries
- Chapter 11: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Benefits Professionals
- Chapter 12: Centers of Excellence Are a Golden Opportunity
- Chapter 13: ASO vs. TPA – What They Mean for You
- Chapter 14: Value-based Primary Care
- Chapter 15: Transparent Medical Market
- Case Study: Enovation Controls
- Chapter 16: Concierge-Style Employee Customer Service
- Chapter 17: High-Value, Transparent TPA
- Chapter 18: ERISA Sample Plan Document Checklist
- Appendix A: 5 Steps to Start Implementing High-Performance Benefits
- Appendix B: Detailed Case Studies on the Failures of Workplace Wellness Programs
- Appendix C: Sample Broker Compensation Disclosure Form
- Appendix D: Health Rosetta Principles
- Appendix E: Health 3.0 Vision
- Appendix F: Health 3.0 Vision: Implications for Providers, Government and Startups
Just a few of the people who have helped provide content
Ran benefits at Walmart, BP, & Burger King. Authored Cracking Health Costs.
Sr. VP & General Counsel, The Phia Group LLC
Chief Operations Officer and Co-founder at Apostrophe.
Founder and CEO of ClearHealthCosts
Founder of E Powered Benefits
Principal at Healthcare Performance, Inc. & Worksite Health Advisors
Co-founder and CEO of The Phia Group, LLC