Physicians Helping Restore the American Dream
Exclusive access to forward-looking physicians
Health Rosetta + Physicians
The most clear and logical presentation of health care’s entrenchment and ways of doing business that you will ever read. Business leaders will learn that they hold the keys to disrupting health care faster than any stakeholder in health care. Chase is not a part of the medical establishment and as a result, is not beholden to its stakeholders, except one—the everyday American citizen.
Flexibly include in impact or marketing campaigns.
We can even run it for you.
Pair with custom info from you
Give to specific organization members
Give to specific companies or geographies
Shipped either to you or each recipient
For anyone wanting to help fix healthcare.
Doctors & clinicians
Benefits services & tech
What people are saying
The book that (Vanguard CEO) John Bogle would have written regarding health care. A CEO’s playbook on how to bend the health care cost curve. Fabulous.
Dave Chase has an industry-unique ability to identify the challenges facing our health care system in a manner that the ever-expanding and frustrated masses can quickly understand. What truly distinguishes Dave’s effort is not the failures he identifies, but the thought-provoking and tested solutions he presents coupled with his willingness to challenge payers, providers and consumers alike to demand a more-rewarding health care system.
One of the top ten healthcare books of all time, and #1 for delivering practical advice.
What Dave Chase has done in this long overdue book is provide a clear and extremely compelling wake up call for CEOs and CFOs to put much needed scrutiny on how, where and why they are spending significant operating budgets on healthcare for their employees—and concrete steps for how to strip out up to 30% of low-or-zero value expenditures out of this major line item.
More and more C-suite executives see health benefits a major liability, not an asset. The CEO’s Guide to Restoring the American Dream is a life saving guide to provide employees needed healthcare in way a your CFO and CEO will applaud.
The book is packed with wisdom you can’t find elsewhere but also a nice, light style that makes it addictive. There is so much in this book that is hidden behind the many layers of obfuscation characterizing our healthcare system. As a group trying to create and then disseminate new models of care that improve outcomes and lower costs, we are continuously running into hidden barriers with insurers and also un-empowered healthcare purchasers. This book has the practical prescription for moving it all forward. I’m making it required reading at Dell Med and recommending it for our many partners.
Dave, you nailed it! Your message is vital for business leaders as it exposes the many dirty secrets behind the business of Employee Benefit plans. Yes, it is time to shed dependence on those who have benefited most from lousy results and demand vastly improved outcomes for employers and their employees. This is a must read to turn the tables on the benefits industry.
If you are the CEO of a company that self-funds for your employee’s medical care you should read this book carefully. If your HR department has ever said, “…our consultants have looked at this ‘free market’ thing and don’t think it will save us money,” then you need to read this book carefully. If you think as many “consultants” tell you, that “healthcare is complicated,” then, once again, you need to read this book very closely. This book is a component of what Mr. Chase refers to as a health industry “Rosetta stone,” a key to deciphering the enumerable ways you have been fleeced by those in the industry upon whose advice you have relied. Unplugging the fog machine of the unscrupulous “consultants” is one of Mr. Chase’s goals, the success of which will create a huge buyer demand for honestly-priced medical services. Those in the industry posed to provide value pricing will be emboldened by the new demands of this marketplace and will expand in number and scope as a result. The dominoes have begun falling on Mordor and Mr. Chase’s book will be seen by those who read it now and for a long time to come as a pivotal moment in this free market medical revolution.
What the CEO's Guide provides.
It gives anyone responsible for health benefits, financial performance, or caring for employees the practical blueprint for success and the insight to ensure change is successfully implemented.
- Acknowledgements & Author’s Note
- A Note From a Fellow Traveler
- Chapter 1: American Has Gone to War for Much Less
- Case Study: Pittsburgh (Allegheny County) Schools
- Chapter 2: Health Care Prices: Hyperinflation—or Flat?
- Chapter 3: What You Don’t Know about The Pressures and Constraints Facing Insurance Executives Costs You Dearly
- Chapter 4: Millennials Will Revolutionize Health Benefits
- Case Study: Rosen Hotels & Resorts
- Chapter 5: 7 Tricks Used to Redistribute Profits From Your Organization to the Health Care Industry
- Chapter 6: PPO Networks Deliver Value—And Other Flawed Assumptions Crushing Your Bottom Line
- Case Study: City of Milwaukee
- Chapter 7: Criminal Fraud Is Much Bigger Than You Think
- Chapter 8: Are Workplace Wellness Programs Hazardous to Your Health?
- Chapter 9: You Run a Health Care Business Whether You Like It or Not. Here’s How to Make It Thrive.
- Chapter 10: How (And How Not) to Pick a Benefits Consultant
- Case Study: Langdale Industries
- Chapter 11: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Benefits Professionals
- Chapter 12: Centers of Excellence Are a Golden Opportunity
- Chapter 13: ASO vs. TPA – What They Mean for You
- Chapter 14: Value-based Primary Care
- Chapter 15: Transparent Medical Market
- Case Study: Enovation Controls
- Chapter 16: Concierge-Style Employee Customer Service
- Chapter 17: High-Value, Transparent TPA
- Chapter 18: ERISA Sample Plan Document Checklist
- Appendix A: 5 Steps to Start Implementing High-Performance Benefits
- Appendix B: Detailed Case Studies on the Failures of Workplace Wellness Programs
- Appendix C: Sample Broker Compensation Disclosure Form
- Appendix D: Health Rosetta Principles
- Appendix E: Health 3.0 Vision
- Appendix F: Health 3.0 Vision: Implications for Providers, Government and Startups
Just a few of the people who have helped provide content
Sr. VP & General Counsel, The Phia Group LLC
Chief Operations Officer and Co-founder at Apostrophe.
Founder and CEO of ClearHealthCosts
Principal at Healthcare Performance, Inc. & Worksite Health Advisors
Co-founder and CEO of The Phia Group, LLC