Kristine Scheer exemplifies health plan excellence and stewardship.
Rosie Award winners are chosen from plans recommended by benefits advisors, solution providers, or clinical leaders who meet two important criteria: a high Plan GraderTM score and excellent use of their Health Rosetta Dividend.
The Plan Grader™ is the first comprehensive independent plan assessment to measure and improve your health plan strategy. Plan Grader is an independent 360° health plan risk assessment that provides actionable insights to create an effective 2-3 year strategy to lower costs and improve benefits. Plan Grader is built on the Health Rosetta’s eight components that have been modeled on the successes of hundreds of high-performance plans. Employers and unions can evaluate how their health plan benchmarks to other employers or union plans adopting a Health Rosetta-style health plan. Reach out to Kristine Scheer to get your Plan Grade today.
Health Rosetta Dividend refers to the well-documented over $1 trillion of industry waste that can be reinvested back into an organization or community to improve wellbeing and build the foundation to restore the American Dream. Examples of Health Rosetta Dividend reinvestment include free college education, advanced primary care services, free or subsidize healthy food, pay increases, Dream Manager, $0 medications, or other tangible improvements that have a direct impact on the health and wellbeing of their workforce, dependents, and communities.
With 30 years experience in the benefits industry, Kristine Scheer uses her expertise in every facet of health plan design and management to design and manage health and other plans that improve quality, outcomes, cost and service for employers and their employees. She founded K2 Strategic, a boutique benefits consulting & brokerage firm, to combine a client- and member-centric approach with her industry wisdom. K2 Strategic unravels and re-aligns complex benefit situations with business objectives.
- Industry: Specialty chemicals, Manufacturing
- # of Employees: 900
- Location: Ohio
Over the last five years, Synthomer has lowered employee premiums by 5%, added a quality provider triaging program with financial incentives for those who use a recommended high-quality provider, and incorporated several programs that support better member access to care at lower costs. As we look to 2024, broader women's health services as part of DEI initiatives are planned as another way to use the dividend and demonstrate value to employees.
- TPA: Marpai Health
- PBM: DisclosedRx (SkyLightRx Consulting is the PBM consultant)
- Stoploss: David Balinski (stop loss consultant) and his solution partners
- PrimaryCare: Aetna ASA network
- Individual Stewardship: TopCare quality steerage program with financial incentives
- Other Solutions: (1) financial reward to employees who use pre-identified higher quality clinicians; (2) Type 2 diabetes management and cure program; (3) no member cost imaging program (lower cost to plan); (4) non-surgical alternative to orthopedic diagnoses; (5) access to prescription drug coupons, financial assistance programs, international sourcing and GoodRx to lower member and plan costs